Hot chocolate is something we can drink all year round, but let's be honest, it tastes just that bit better during Autumn and Winter. It's always nice to go out for a warm drink, however, sometimes you just wanna get that cosy hot chocolate feeling at home.
When it comes to hot chocolates, there are so many ways you can add that something extra. Let's get something straight, coffee syrups are most definitely not reserved for coffee. Add a little twist to your drink with a coffee syrup - salted caramel, cherry, mint, the possibilities are endless!
Toppings are very serious, they finish a hot chocolate off and give it that instagrammable look. Who has a hot chocolate without snapping it first?
You can go for the classic marshmallows with a flake or you can go even further and add Nutella, crushed Oreos, mini muffins or even doughnuts - there really are no rules here.
The most important part of the drink is definitely the base, we have written up our favourite recipe for you to try, it's full of chocolatey goodness and always tastes amazing!
THE ULTIMATE HOT CHOCOLATE
2 CUPS OF MILK
5 TABLE SPOONS OF NUTELLA
1 TABLESPOON OF SUGAR
SYRUP OF CHOICE
- Before you begin anything, make sure to pick out your two favourite mugs - this is definitely essential when preparing the ultimate hot chocolate.
- Heat milk in a pan and stir in each tablespoon of Nutella until silky smooth, if you want to add more chocolate, we won't judge.
- Add both the sugar and syrup of your choice to the pan and mix until fully dissolved.
- Continue to heat until you reach desired drinking temperature and pour into your two mugs of choice.
- Begin decorating your hot chocolate like the work of art it is.
Make sure to tag us in any pictures of your hot chocolate and be sure to let us know your favourite topping combos in the comments! Remember, you can never add too many toppings.